Header

My Grace is Sufficient for you......God

Friday, February 18, 2011

Floodlights and Flashlights

Had a thought right now and I wanted to capture before I lost it. I was praying and the Scripture came to me. "Thy word is a lamp unto my path and a light unto my feet".

God promised a flashlight to walk in the dark with. I am more of a flood light kind of guy. I want to see the entire path, not just the few feet in front of me. But He says the flashlight is enough. The light He provides gives enough light to see a few steps ahead and it lights up the path enough to see the danger on either side. So the margin for error is small, but easily avoided if the flash light is on.

Another thought occurred to me as well.....Flood lights are pretty stationary. They are hard to move around. Flashlights are portable. Easy to carry with me.

I think Papa is saying to me; "Son, this world is not your home, you are just passing through and if you want a floodlight, you'll be staying here. If you want to join me in heaven, keep moving past the need for bright lights and 100% certainty. The flashlight I've given you is enough."

The Word of God is the light. The Word I know and apply will light my path and I can walk with safety and certainty secure in the knowledge He knows the entire journey from start to finish and that He has provided me with all I need to complete the trip.

I'll post my normal workbook stuff later today. Right now I needed to get this on paper.....

No comments:

Post a Comment